FNS40217: Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
National code: FNS40217
CRICOS code: 098585D
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping reflects the job roles of workers in the accounting industry, including BAS Agents and contract bookkeepers; and of those employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries. It includes preparing and lodging business and instalment activity statements, and providing advice or dealing with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to activity statements. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously, and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Start dates and intakes:
- 4th February, 2019
- 4th March, 2019
- 22nd April, 2019
- 20th May, 2019
- 8th July, 2019
- 5th August, 2019
- 23rd September, 2019
- 21st October, 2019
- 6th January, 2020
Course duration: 72 weeks
Study options: Full time study only.
International applicants: Yes.
2019 Course fee: AUD $7,500.00 (Learn more about Fees)
Scholarships available: No
Study requirements: Full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode (face-to-face and online) Note: Excludes Self Study for assessment tasks.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires:
- Successful completion of Australian year 11 or equivalent; OR
- Successful completion of an AQF recognised Certificate III in Accounting or other relevant qualification; OR
- Substantial work experience in a related field.
(Learn more about the ways you can meet this criteria by viewing our Academic Entry Equivalencies)
English requirement: International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band less than 5.0 or equivalent.
- FNS50217: Diploma of Accounting
- FNS60217: Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Business
- Case Studies
- Scenarios – Problem Solving, Practical Activities, Oral Presentation, Multiple Choice Quiz, Written Portfolio, Projects, Reports, Practical Observations
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
C4AC217 – Cloud Computing:
- BSBSMB412 Introduce cloud computing into business operations
C4AC317 – Interim Reporting:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
C4AC417 – Ledgers Accounts:
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
C4AC517 – Bookkeeping:
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
C4AC617 – Computerised Accounting:
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
C4AC717 – Activity Statements:
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
C4AC817 – Payroll System:
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
C4AC917 – Complex Spreadsheets:
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
C4AC1017 – Business Tax:
- FNSACC411 Process business tax requirements
C4AC1117 – Operational Budgets:
- FNSACC412 Prepare operational budgets
C4AC1217 – Introduction To Legal System:
- FNSACC413 Make decisions in a legal context
C4AC1317 – Financial Statements:
- FNSACC414 Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
Current Students and Alumni
Want to know more?