Diploma of Accounting
National code: FNS50215
CRICOS code: 091569E
The Diploma of Accounting course covers accounting systems, management accounting and financial management, which will provide students with the fundamentals needed to begin or advance in their accounting career.
Accountants play a vital role in developing strategy in order to help businesses grow. This course covers essential topics for owners, investors, analysts and industry regulators in making and evaluating decisions about the allocation of finances within a business framework. The Diploma of Accounting will provide students with solid fundamental and up-to-date accounting knowledge.
Start dates and intakes:
- 8th January, 2018
- 5th February, 2018
- 5th March, 2018
- 23rd April, 2018
- 21st May, 2018
- 9th July, 2018
- 6th August, 2018
- 24th September, 2018
- 22nd October, 2018
Course duration: 37 weeks (7 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks).
Study options: Full time study only.
International applicants: Yes.
2018 Course fee: AUD $4,200 (Learn more about Fees)
VET Fee Help: No
AQF Level: Level 5
Scholarships available: No.
Study requirements: Full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode (face-to-face and online) Note: Excludes Self Study for assessment tasks.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires:
- Successful completion of Australian year 12 or equivalent; AND
- Successful completion of an AQF recognised Certificate IV in Accounting or other relevant qualification; OR
- Successful completion of the following pre-requisite units:
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports.
English requirement: International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 or equivalent.
- Written assessments
- Group projects
- Oral presentations
- Accounting systems and processes A
- FNSACC505 Establish and maintain accounting information systems
- Accounting systems and processes B
- FNSACC506 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC502 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- Management Accounting A:
- FNSACC504 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSORG505 Prepare financial reports to meet statutory requirements
- Management Accounting B:
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- FNSACC507 Provide management accounting information
- Financial Management A:
- FNSACC503 Manage budgets and forecasts
- Financial Management B:
- FNSACC501 Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC607 Evaluate business performance
- Financial Management C:
- FNSINC602 Interpret and use financial statistics and tools