Diploma of Accounting
National code: FNS50215
CRICOS code: 091569E
The Diploma of Accounting course covers accounting systems, management accounting and financial management, which will provide you with the fundamentals needed to begin or advance in your accounting career.
Accountants play a vital role in developing strategy in order to help businesses grow. It is essential for owners, investors, analysts and industry regulators in making and evaluating decisions about the allocation of finances within a business framework. It enables business owners to make sound financial decisions and supports business growth. The Diploma of Accounting will provide you with solid and up-to-date accounting fundamental knowledge.
Start dates and intakes:
- 7th August, 2017
- 25th September, 2017
- 23rd October, 2017
- 8th January, 2018
- 5th February, 2018
- 5th March, 2018
- 23rd April, 2018
- 21st May, 2018
- 9th July, 2018
- 6th August, 2018
- 24th September, 2018
- 22nd October, 2018
Course duration: 37 weeks (7 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks).
Study options: Full time on campus only.
International applicants: Yes.
2017 Course fee: AUD $4,050 (Learn more about Fees)
VET Fee Help: No
AQF Level: Level 5
Scholarships available: No.
Study requirements: 20 hours per week on campus.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires:
- Successful completion of Australian year 12 or equivalent; AND
- Successful completion of an AQF recognised Certificate IV in Accounting or other relevant qualification; OR
- Relevant work experience in a related field.
English requirement: International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 or equivalent.
Entry pathways: The entry requirement for this qualification is completion of the units that comprise the core from the Certificate IV in Accounting in the Financial Services Training Package FNS10 or completion of the units that comprise the core from the Certificate IV in Accounting in the Financial Services Training Package FNS04.
- Written assessments
- Group projects
- Oral presentations
- Accounting systems and processes A
- FNSACC505 Establish and maintain accounting information systems
- Accounting systems and processes B
- FNSACC506 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC502 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- Management Accounting A:
- FNSACC504 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSORG505 Prepare financial reports to meet statutory requirements
- Management Accounting B:
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- FNSACC507 Provide management accounting information
- Financial Management A:
- FNSACC503 Manage budgets and forecasts
- Financial Management B:
- FNSACC501 Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC607 Evaluate business performance
- Financial Management C:
- FNSINC602 Interpret and use financial statistics and tools