Diploma of Business
National code: BSB50215
CRICOS code: 087144J
You will gain an understanding of the techniques for general business management including developing a business plan and managing projects and meetings.
You will also develop skills in managing such fundamentally important business functions as human resources, marketing and finance, as well as customer relationship development.
Start dates and intakes:
- 7th August, 2017
- 25th September, 2017
- 23rd October, 2017
- 8th January, 2018
- 5th February, 2018
- 5th March, 2018
- 23rd April, 2018
- 21st May, 2018
- 9th July, 2018
- 6th August, 2018
- 24th September, 2018
- 22nd October, 2018
Course duration: 37 weeks (7 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks)
Study options: Full time study only.
International applicants: Yes.
2017 Course fee: AUD $4,050 (Learn more about Fees)
2018 Course fee: AUD $4,200 (Learn more about Fees)
VET Fee Help: No
AQF Level: Level 5
Scholarships available: No
Study requirements: Full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode (face-to-face and online) Note: Excludes Self Study for assessment tasks.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires:
- Successful completion of Australian year 12 or equivalent; AND
- Successful completion of an AQF recognised Certificate IV in Business or other relevant qualification; OR
- relevant work experience in a related field.
English requirement: (International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only)
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 or equivalent.
Entry pathways: Certificate IV in Business Administration or other relevant qualifications or with extensive vocational experience in a range of environments in senior support roles.
- Written assessments
- Group projects
- Oral presentations
- Human Resources Management A:
- BSBHRM513 Manage Workforce Planning
- Human Resources Management B:
- BSBHRM506 Manage Recruitment, Selection and Induction Process
- Human Resources Management C:
- BSBHRM505 Manage Remuneration and Employee Benefits
- Financial Management
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- Customer relationship management
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- Marketing Planning A:
- BSBMKG502 Establish and Adjust the Marketing Mix
- BSBMKG507 Intercept Market Trends and Developments
- Marketing Planning B:
- BSBMKG501 Identify and Evaluate Marketing Opportunities