Diploma of Leadership and Management
National code: BSB51918
CRICOS code: 098946F
This course is designed for those seeking a career in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level highlight sound judgement in organising, implementing and monitoring their individual workload and the workload of their team. They have a complex skillset in communication, which they use to support their team in achieving enterprise requirements.
This course offers a practical understanding of operational planning management, emotional intelligence, team and meeting management, workplace relationship management and financial management.
Start dates and intakes:
- 4th February, 2019
- 4th March, 2019
- 22nd April, 2019
- 20th May, 2019
- 8th July, 2019
- 5th August, 2019
- 23rd September, 2019
- 21st October, 2019
- 6th January, 2020
Course duration: 52 weeks (9 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks).
Study options: Full time study only.
International applicants: Yes.
2019 Course fee: AUD $6,000 (Learn more about Fees)
Scholarships available: No.
Study requirements: Full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode (face-to-face and online) Note: Excludes Self Study for assessment tasks.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires:
- Successful completion of Australian year 12 or equivalent; OR
- Successful completion of Kent’s AQF recognised Certificate IV in Business or other relevant qualification; OR
- Relevant work experience in a related field.
(Learn more about the ways you can meet this criteria by viewing our Academic Entry Equivalencies)
English requirement: International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band less than 5.0 or equivalent.
- Case studies
- Scenarios – problem solving
- Practical activities
- Oral Presentation
- Multiple choice quiz
- Written Portfolio
- Practical observations
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
Workplace Relationship Management:
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBMKG506 Plan market research
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
Marketing Mix and Trends:
- BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
Operational Planning Management:
- BSBMGT517 Manage Operational Plan
- BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
Team and Meeting Management:
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBADM502 Manage Meetings
Want to know more?