Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
National code: ICT30115
CRICOS code: 086489C
This course covers an entry-level understanding of systems support, configuration and network computing. Students can expect to gain a fundamental understanding of computer office application and primary practical skills to be able to advance their education. The Certificate III in Information and Digital Media Technology is a foundation course for those wishing to take the first step towards an Information Technology career.
Start dates and intakes:
- 7th August, 2017
- 25th September, 2017
- 23rd October, 2017
- 8th January, 2018
- 5th February, 2018
- 5th March, 2018
- 23rd April, 2018
- 21st May, 2018
- 9th July, 2018
- 6th August, 2018
- 24th September, 2018
- 22nd October, 2018
Course duration: 19 weeks (4 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks)
Study options: Full time on campus only.
International applicants: Yes.
2017 Course fee: AUD $2,700 (Learn more about Fees)
VET Fee Help: No
AQF Level: Level 3
Scholarships available: No.
Study requirements: 20 hours per week on campus
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires
- Successful completion of Australian year 11 or equivalent; OR
- Successful completion of an AQF recognised Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology or other relevant qualification; OR
- Relevant work experience in a related field.
English requirement: International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 or equivalent.
Entry pathways: ICA20111 Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICA20111 or with demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments using basic information technologies.
- Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies
- Diploma of Website Development
- Diploma of Digital Media Technologies
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business
- Practical assessments
- Oral presentations
- Computer Office Application:
- ICTICT203 Operate Application Software Packages
- ICTICT307 Customise Packaged Software Applications for Clients
- ICTICT308 User Advanced Features of Computer Applications
- ICTICT409 Develop Macros and Templates for Clients Using Standard Products
- System Supporting:
- BSBSUS301 Implement and Monitor Environmentally Sustainable Work Practices
- BSBWHS304 Participate Effectively in WHS Communication and Consultation Processes
- ICTICT202 Work and Communicate Effectively in an ICT Environment
- ICTICT306 Migrate to New Technology
- System Configuration:
- ICTICT301 Create User Documentation
- ICTICT302 Install and Optimise Operating System Software
- ICTICT304 Implement System Software Changes
- ICTSAS301 Run Standard Diagnostic Tests
- ICTSAS303 Care for Computer Hardware
- Network Computing:
- ICTNWK301 Provide Network Systems Administration
- ICTNWK305 Install and Manage Network Protocols
- ICTSAS305 Provide IT Advice to Clients
- ICTSAS307 Install, Configure and Secure a Small Office Home Office Network
Want to know more?