Certificate IV in Web-based Technologies
National code: ICT40315
CRICOS code: 086546K
This program is designed to provide students with the principal knowledge to build and administer websites. Using Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop, students will be able to create the aesthetic interface of a webpage, as well as collect and analyse data from their dynamic website.
This is an ideal course for students who wish to enter a career as a web developer or technical writer.
Start dates and intakes:
- 8th January, 2018
- 5th February, 2018
- 5th March, 2018
- 23rd April, 2018
- 21st May, 2018
- 9th July, 2018
- 6th August, 2018
- 24th September, 2018
- 22nd October, 2018
Related Courses: 30 weeks (6 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks)
Study options: Full time study only.
International applicants: Yes.
2018 Course fee: AUD $4,200 (Learn more about Fees)
VET Fee Help: No
AQF Level: Level 4
Scholarships available: No.
Study requirements: Full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode (face-to-face and online) Note: Excludes Self Study for assessment tasks.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires:
- Successful completion of Australian year 11 or equivalent; OR
- Successful completion of Kent’s AQF recognised Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology or other relevant qualification; OR
- Relevant work experience in a related field.
English requirement: International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 or equivalent.
- Diploma of Website Development
- Diploma of Digital Media Technologies
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business
- Practical assessments
- Oral presentations
- Report writing
- Web Page Fundamentals A:
- BSBCRT401 Articulate, Present and Debate Ideas
- ICTWEB409 Develop Cascading Style Sheets
- ICTWEB414 Design Simple Web Page Layouts
- ICTWEB429 Create a Markup Language Document to Specification
- Web Page Fundamentals B:
- BSBWHS304 Participate Effectively in WHS Communication and Consultation Process
- ICTWEB411 Produce Basic Client Side Script for Dynamic Web Pages
- Website Design 1 (User Interface) A:
- CUAPPM407 Create Storyboards
- ICTICT401 Determine and Confirm Client Business Requirements
- ICTICT420 Develop Client User Interface
- ICTWEB401 Design a Website to Meet Technical Requirements
- ICTWEB424 Evaluate and Select a Web Hosting Service
- Website Design 1 (User Interface) B:
- ICTWEB402 Confirm Accessibility of Websites for People with Special Needs
- ICTWEB403 Transfer Content to a Website Using Commercial Packages
- ICTWEB410 Apply Web Authoring Tool to Convert Client Data for Websites
- ICTWEB412 Produce Interactive Web Animation
- Website Design 2 (Design and Development) A:
- ICTDBS403 Create basic databases
- ICTWEB415 Produce server-side script for dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB421 Ensure website content meets technical protocols and standards
- ICTWEB425 Apply structured query language to extract and manipulate data
- Website Design 2 (Design and Development) B:
- ICTICT407 Maintain website information standards
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright; ethics and privacy in an IT environment
- ICTWEB417 Integrate social web technologies
Want to know more?