Diploma of Digital Media Technologies
National code: ICT50915
CRICOS code: 086712A
A large component of this diploma is learning from proposal to prototype stages of gaming design, digital simulations, e-learning resources, and web environments. Students will be presented with a real-world case study that they will diagnose. They then propose practical solutions to reach specific target outcomes.
Analytical knowledge and basic principles of digital animation, video and photography are the techniques students can expect to attain upon completion.
Start dates and intakes:
- 8th January, 2018
- 5th February, 2018
- 5th March, 2018
- 23rd April, 2018
- 21st May, 2018
- 9th July, 2018
- 6th August, 2018
- 24th September, 2018
- 22nd October, 2018
Course duration: 41 weeks (8 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks)
Study options: Full time study only.
International applicants: Yes.
2018 Course fee: AUD $5,600 (Learn more about Fees)
VET Fee Help: No
AQF Level: Level 5
Scholarships available: No
Study requirements: Full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode (face-to-face and online) Note: Excludes Self Study for assessment tasks.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires
- Successful completion of Australian year 12 or equivalent; AND
- Successful completion of Kent’s AQF recognised Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies or other relevant qualification; OR
- Relevant work experience in a related field.
English requirement: International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 or equivalent.
- Practical assessments
- Oral presentations
- Report Writing
- Web Based Application A:
- ICTICT515 Verify Client Business Requirements
- ICTPRG425 Use Structured Query Language
- ICTWEB502 Create Dynamic Web Pages
- ICTWEB503 Create Web-based Programs
- Web Based Application B:
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a Safe Workplace
- Digital Media Application A:
- CUFDIG504 Design Games
- CUFDIG507 Design Digital Simulations
- Digital Media Application B:
- ICTGAM511 Manage Testing of Games and Interactive Media
- ICTPRG527 Apply Intermediate Object-oriented Language Skills
- Digital Media Project A (Project Proposal):
- BSBCRT501 Originate and Develop Concepts
- ICTGAM504 Manage Interactive Media Production
- ICTICT419 Work Effectively in the Digital Media Industry
- ICTPMG501 Manage ICT Projects
- Digital Media Project B (Prototype) A:
- ICTICT418 Contribute to Copyright, Ethics and Privacy in an ICT Environment
- ICTWEB505 Develop complex Web Page Layouts
- Digital Media Project B (Prototype) B:
- CUAPOS201 Perform Basic Vision and Sound Editing
- ICTDMT501 Incorporate and Edit Digital Video
- Digital Media Project B (Prototype) C:
- ICTSAS504 Develop and Conduct Client Acceptance Test