Diploma of Digital Media Technologies
National code: ICT50915
CRICOS code: 086712A
A large component of this diploma is learning from proposal to prototype stages of gaming design, digital simulations, e-learning resources, and web environments. Students will be presented with a real-world case study that they will diagnose. They then propose practical solutions to reach specific target outcomes.
Analytical knowledge and basic principles of digital animation, video and photography are the techniques students can expect to attain upon completion.
Start dates and intakes:
- 22nd October, 2018
- 7th January 2019
- 4th February 2019
- 4th March 2019
- 22nd April 2019
- 20th May 2019
- 8th July 2019
- 5th August 2019
- 23rd September 2019
- 21st October 2019
Course duration: 41 weeks (8 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks)
Study options: Full time study only.
International applicants: Yes.
2018 Course fee: AUD $5,600 (Learn more about Fees)
VET Fee Help: No
AQF Level: Level 5
Scholarships available: No
Study requirements: Full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode (face-to-face and online) Note: Excludes Self Study for assessment tasks.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires
- Successful completion of Australian year 12 or equivalent; AND
- Successful completion of Kent’s AQF recognised Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies or other relevant qualification; OR
- Relevant work experience in a related field.
(Learn more about the ways you can meet this criteria by viewing our Academic Entry Equivalencies)
English requirement: International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band less than 5.0 or equivalent.
- Practical assessments
- Oral presentations
- Report Writing
- ICTICT515 Verify Client Business Requirements
- ICTPRG425 Use Structured Query Language
- ICTWEB502 Create Dynamic Web Pages
- ICTWEB503 Create Web-based Programs
Web Based Application B:
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a Safe Workplace
Digital Media Application A:
- CUFDIG504 Design Games
- CUFDIG507 Design Digital Simulations
Digital Media Application B:
- ICTGAM511 Manage Testing of Games and Interactive Media
- ICTPRG527 Apply Intermediate Object-oriented Language Skills
Digital Media Project A (Project Proposal):
- BSBCRT501 Originate and Develop Concepts
- ICTGAM504 Manage Interactive Media Production
- ICTICT419 Work Effectively in the Digital Media Industry
- ICTPMG501 Manage ICT Projects
Digital Media Project B (Prototype) A:
- ICTICT418 Contribute to Copyright, Ethics and Privacy in an ICT Environment
- ICTWEB505 Develop complex Web Page Layouts
Digital Media Project B (Prototype) B:
- CUAPOS201 Perform Basic Vision and Sound Editing
- ICTDMT501 Incorporate and Edit Digital Video
Digital Media Project B (Prototype) C:
- ICTSAS504 Develop and Conduct Client Acceptance Test
Want to know more?