Diploma of Website Development
National code: ICT50615
CRICOS code: 086671E
This Diploma of Website Development will teach students programming language and explores the issues relating to the planning and deployment of a website.
Students will create a web page prototype as part of the assessment for this course, giving them the practical skills to confidently apply these techniques in the workplace.
Start dates and intakes:
- 22nd October, 2018
- 7th January 2019
- 4th February 2019
- 4th March 2019
- 22nd April 2019
- 20th May 2019
- 8th July 2019
- 5th August 2019
- 23rd September 2019
- 21st October 2019
Course duration: 41 weeks (8 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks)
Study options: Full time study only.
International applicants: Yes.
2018 Course fee: AUD $5,600 (Learn more about Fees)
VET Fee Help: No
AQF Level: Level 5
Scholarships available: No
Study requirements: Full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode (face-to-face and online) Note: Excludes Self Study for assessment tasks.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires
- Successful completion of Australian year 12 or equivalent; AND
- Successful completion of Kent’s AQF recognised Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies or other relevant qualification; OR
- Relevant work experience in a related field.
(Learn more about the ways you can meet this criteria by viewing our Academic Entry Equivalencies)
English requirement: International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band less than 5.0 or equivalent.
- Practical assessments
- Oral presentations
- Report Writing
- ICTICT515 Verify Client Business Requirements
- ICTPRG425 Use Structured Query Language
- ICTWEB502 Create Dynamic Web Pages
- ICTWEB503 Create Web-Based Programs
Web Based Application B:
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a Safe Workplace
Digital Media Application A:
- CUADIG504 Design Games
- CUADIG507 Design Digital Simulations
Digital Media Application B:
- ICTGAM511 Manage Testing of Games and Interactive Media
- ICTPRG527 Apply Intermediate Object Oriented Language Skills
Website Development Project A (Project Proposal):
- ICTICT509 Gather Data to Identify Business Requirements
- ICTPMG501 Manage ICT Projects
- ICTWEB508 Develop Website Information Architecture
- ICTWEB516 Research and Apply Emerging Web Technology Trends
Website Development Project B (Prototype) A:
- ICTDBS502 Design a Database
- ICTDBS504 Integrate Database with a Website
- ICTWEB501 Build a Dynamic Website
Website Development Project B (Prototype) B:
- ICTICT418 Contribute to Copyright, Ethics and Privacy in an ICT Environment
- ICTICT503 Validate quality and Completeness of System Design Specifications
Website Development Project B (Prototype) C:
- ICTSAS503 Perform System Tests
- ICTSAS504 Develop and Conduct Client Acceptance Test
Want to know more?