Building a brighter future
We’ve been providing quality training and education to students for over 28 years and we continue to grow and innovate.
Today Kent is officially recognised as a leading provider of government-accredited courses , offering education to both local and international students.
We’re known as one of the best Sydney colleges and we’re proud to have helped nearly 10,000 local and international students get started in their career journey.
Our pathway to success
- 1989: Kent Institute Australia established in Burwood, Sydney, offering Information Technology (IT) courses.
- 1990: Kent adds Diplomas in Business and Business Computing to its course schedule.
- 1993: Kent moves to 60 Druitt Street in the Sydney CBD.
- 2001: Kent wins regulatory approval to include Advanced Diplomas in Business and IT to its curriculum.
- 2003: Due to growth in enrolments, Kent moves its campus to Bathurst Street, Sydney CBD for a larger site.
- 2009: Kent wins regulatory approval as a Higher Education institution and accreditation to offer Bachelor of Business degrees.
- 2009: Kent opens a 2nd Sydney Campus in Kent Street, Sydney CBD.
- 2014: Kent opens a Melbourne campus to deliver undergraduate degrees.
- 2014: Kent wins regulatory approval as a Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP) provider for its Bachelor degrees and Advanced Diplomas.
- 2014: Kent adds the Bachelor of Accounting to its curriculum, which is subsequently approved by Australia’s top professional accounting bodies CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
- 2015: Kent revises its name from ‘Kent Institute of Business and Technology’ to ‘Kent Institute Australia’.
- 2016: Kent opens its new state-of-the-art Sydney campus at 10 Barrack Street.
- 2017: Kent opens its new state-of-the-art Melbourne campus at 350 Queen Street.
- 2018 and Beyond – more expansion plans in the making!