Student Representative Group (SRG)
Be Heard. Be Recognised.
How it works
To be an Elected SRG member, five things are essential:
- Be motivated and passionate about supporting your fellow students!
- Be able to attend SRG meetings throughout the year and be willing to provide useful feedback and insight into improving the student experience.
- Be a strong communicator; actively respond to communication from other SRG members, students and Kent staff at all times.
- Be reliable; it is important that Kent SRG members can be relied upon to fulfil their duties for the benefit of all students.
- Be voted in by your fellow students, you will need a minimum of five votes to be eligible for appointment to the role. If there is more than one candidate nominated for your position on your campus, whoever receives the highest number of votes after the first five will be the successful candidate.
What is the role of the SRG?
The primary role and objective of the SRG is to enable an elected group of students to represent the student body and to conduct an effective group meeting structure to ensure the student body is adequately represented and recognised to:
- Enhance the advancement of student life, quality education and student participation.
- Contribute to maintaining and enhancing student life in all the relevant aspects such as academic and social areas.
- Mediate the gap between the students and management.
- Actively model an inclusive environment, ensuring that students from all cultural groups are recognised and have the opportunity for formal representation.
- Improve transparency through consistent communication with Kent students.
- Encourage and support active participation of all students in community engagement.
Who is eligible?
- Current Kent students who have six (6) months or more remaining prior to completion of their studies. This includes brand new students!
- The Alumni Liaison position must be a Kent graduate.
- 11th to 24th of March, 2019 (CLOSED) – The nomination round (when you apply for a position) commences
- 27th of March to 14th of April, 2019 (OPEN) – The student voting period commences
- A day on the week commencing 15th of April, 2019 – (To be confirmed) The training day for elected members
Contact the SRG President for more information:
Ms Mandeep Kaur