Student Mentor Program
Kent’s Student Mentor Program is designed specifically for students during their first year of study in a Higher Education Bachelor course.
If you are a current student who would like someone to help you in your journey at Kent, then say ‘yes’ to being a part of this program. You will be assigned a Student Mentor who will provide you with support for your studies based on their real-life experience.
A Kent Student Mentor will help you:
- learn about assessment requirements,
- improve your study skills,
- get answers to your questions,
- overcome challenges,
- meet new people, and
- make the most of services and events on offer for students.
Kent’s new batch of Student Mentors for Trimester 3, 2018 are getting ready to support their fellow students during this pictured training session with Kent staff.
The Student Mentors we have chosen for the program are current Kent students who are experts by experience. They are volunteering to spend their time with you because they know exactly what it’s like to be in your shoes and can provide helpful advice about doing your best in the Bachelor course.
If you’re interested in being assigned a mentor, ask yourself these questions to see if this is the right program for you:
- I am in my first year of studying a bachelor course at Kent
- I am interested in support from a fellow student to help me succeed in my studies
- I am happy to communicate with my mentor via phone, email, text message or in person about my study experience
- I am willing to meet up with my mentor at least once during the trimester
- I’m interested in participating in relevant workshops, events and study groups with my mentor
Once you register for the Student Mentor Program, you will receive an email with the contact details of your mentor. Your mentor will get in touch and you work out a time to meet up.
Check out our Events Calendar and decide which workshops and events will best support your study experience.
The rest is up to you and your mentor!