Studying in Australia
Sydney is one of the most picturesque cities in the world. With spectacular harbour views and stunning coastal beaches, it’s easy to see why it’s such a popular destination for tourists and international students alike.
Explore Sydney’s natural splendour by immersing yourself in its sparkling harbour, famous beaches and vibrant outdoor lifestyle.
Sydney Facts & Figures
- Climate: Average temperatures in Sydney are 18-28 degrees Celsius in summer and 7-16 degrees Celsius in winter.
- Population: Sydney has a population of over 4.5 million people.
- Living Costs: How much you spend will depend on your individual lifestyle but we estimate you will need between approximately AUD $19,000 to $20,000 a year to live in Sydney. Learn more about living costs for international students
Melbourne is all about lifestyle, and has been regularly voted as the world’s most liveable city. Renowned for its labyrinth of laneways and alleys, Melbourne is Australia’s second largest city and has a large student population. Known as Australia’s capital of culture, Melbourne has a reputation for shopping, dining, and of course great coffee!
Melbourne Facts & Figures
- Climate: Melbourne has an unpredictable climate. Average minimum temperatures in winter are 6-7 degrees Celsius, while in summer the average is 24 degrees Celsius, but can rise up to over 35 so be prepared.
- Population: Melbourne has a population of over 4 million and it’s growing fast.
- Living Costs: How much you spend will depend on your individual lifestyle but we estimate you will need between approximately AUD $19,000 to $20,000 a year to live in Melbourne. Learn more about living costs for international students