Overseas Student Health Cover
As an international student, it is a requirement of your student visa that you have student health insurance for the duration of your study in Australia. This is known as Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Bupa is Kent Institute Australia’s chosen OSHC provider.
Students have the option to ask Kent to organise OSHC through Bupa.
If you elect to take OSHC with Kent:
- Kent will provide you with a quote on your letter of offer and this amount needs to be paid with the tuition fee deposit to obtain your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and student visa.; and
- Bupa then registers you as a member and issues a membership card. This card will be sent to your address in Australia or, if you do not have a postal address in Australia, your card will be sent to Kent.
Watch this video for more information.
If you do not wish to use Bupa, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have OSHC that is current, and valid for the duration of your student visa.
What does Bupa cover?
Bupa offers cover for a range of services. Some are:
- The cost of medical treatments in and out of hospital
- Bupa Direct Billing Doctors which reduce out pocket expenses (a Direct Billing Doctor is a Doctor who agrees to send the claim direct to Bupa to be processed. Present your Bupa membership card and photo identification at the time of your consultation).
- A 24-hour advice line
- Bupa Plus-Membership Benefits – Exclusive benefits for Bupa members
- Services covered by Bupa OSHC
How to contact Bupa?
- Health insurance queries to firstname.lastname@example.org, monitored Monday to Friday.
- OSHC support team available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm (AEST) on 1800 888 942 (from Australia) or +61 3 9937 4223 (outside Australia).
- 24-hour Student Advice Line for support in 180 languages on 1300 884 235.
- Visit bupa.com.au/students for information on Student cover, Graduate cover or Members help.