On This Page
Applying to Kent is Easy
Thanks for choosing to study with Kent Institute Australia. We’ve made our application process as simple and stress free as possible, just follow the five steps below.
Step 1: Complete Your Application
- Application for Admission – Domestic Form
- Application for Admission – International Form
- Application for Admission – Cross-Institutional Form
- Application for Admission – Non-Award Form
Step 2: Gather your documentation
- A certified copy of your passport or Australian Birth Certificate
- Certified copies of your recent academic results and qualifications
- A certified copy of your English level documentation
Step 3: Course Credit / Recognition of Prior Learning (If Applicable)
Step 4: Offer of Admission
- Letter of Offer
- International Student or Domestic Student Enrolment Agreement
Step 6: Enrolment confirmation
Students wishing to defer their course commencement need to notify Kent in writing. Kent will hold all prepaid tuition fees in trust without penalty until the student enrols in the course.
International students who have been issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from Kent and hold a valid student visa may defer the commencement of their proposed course of study once only and due to compassionate and compelling circumstances. These include the failure to meet an entry requirement through unsuccessful progression in, or completion of, a packaged pathway of course(s) or illness supported by acceptable documentation evidencing an inability to study. Furthermore, the deferment can be granted only for up to a maximum of one Trimester (Higher Education) or six months (VET).
International students who have been issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from Kent and do not hold a valid student visa will have each deferment case assessed to ensure their circumstances are still considered to meet the GTE and GS criterion at that time. In this case, deferment may be granted up to a maximum of one year.
Application Process and Expected Timeframes
Eligible Applicants will receive an Offer of Admission –Student Enrolment Agreement document from Kent in writing by email. The Offer of Admission will be valid for a period of four (4) calendar months from the date of issue.
No offer of admission will be made for a commencement date of more than one (1) year from the time of application, except where a student applies for admission through an approved packaged pathway of enabling courses to meet entry requirements.
International applicants currently in Australia, or current Australian student visa holders, will not be offered admission for a commencement date more than six (6) months in advance, except in the case where a student applies for admission through an approved packaged pathway of enabling courses to meet entry requirements.
Verbal offers of admission are not made or accepted, as they are not formal and not binding.
- Course Credit / Recognition of Prior Learning Applications – up to ten working days
- Offer of Admission Applications (Domestic and Onshore Students) – up to two working days
- Offer of Admission Applications (Offshore Students) – up to five working days
- COE Applications – up to two working days