This course provides students the knowledge and skills regarding practical Cybersecurity. The course will improve the skills of the students to analyze the vulnerability of a system using open-source software. Additionally, the students will learn about Linux shell, python scripting, and apply the knowledge to automate and schedule system scanning and checking for malicious activities. The course also provides an insight into network intrusion detection system and how to identify suspicious network traffics.
• Identify and analyse various types of Cyberattacks such as brute-force login prompts.
• Writing Linux shell, Python scripts to automate and schedule system security checking tasks.
• Utilise open-source tools such as NMAP, TCPDUMP for Port and scanning.
• Analyse log files for security events.
• Conduct system vulnerability checking using OpenVAS.
• Conduct various penetration tests on system and application login.
• Select effective countermeasures against common cyber security threats.
Dr Farhad Ahamed is a Senior Lecturer of BIT and Cybersecurity at Kent Institute of Australia. He has taught Network and Cybersecurity related units at in various universities and higher education institutes. He has several publications regarding Biometric based authentication and Security in Cloud Computing and is a reviewer of several journals and conferences. His research interests include Internet of Things, Applied Machine Learning and Cybersecurity. Before joining academia, he worked in the Network industry providing multimedia communication and firewall solutions at Blackbox, Telstra and Avaya. He has also worked as an IT Specialist at IBM.
Conveniently fill in our application forms and send to Kent via email or post.
Prepare and attach all required documents with your application according to Kent's entry requirements.
Successful applicants will receive our Offer of Admission. By paying your tuition fees upon this, you'll receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE). Welcome to Kent!
Find out more about studying in Australia with Kent Institute Australia, just call on…