On This Page
Reporting a Sexual Misconduct
At Kent we have a Zero Tolerance Policy towards sexual misconduct. We take steps to address the risks of Kent students or staff experiencing sexual misconduct and support those who disclose or report an incident.
Kent students and staff can report an incidence of sexual assault, sexual harassment or sexual misconduct at any time.
Any student who wants to report or disclose an incident, which has happened on campus or elsewhere, can speak with the Student Services Team. They will help guide students through Kent processes and help connect to other relevant support services.
We will listen to you, believe you, respect your decisions and support you to access other relevant services.
Students can contact the Student Services Team on campus during office hours via Reception.
If you are in immediate danger or need urgent medical assistance, call 000
Privacy and Confidentiality
When you make any disclosure or report of sexual assault and harassment it will be treated confidentially. Any information relating to a reported sexual assault or harassment incident will be handled in accordance with our Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response Policy and Procedures.
NATIONAL – EMERGENCY SERVICES/ REPORTING A CRIME
- Telephone by dialling triple zero (000)
- Attending a police station in person
- Reporting the incident anonymously through Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000
1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 | 1800respect.org.au, 24 hours a day
Specialist Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer service on 1800 244 481 | iclc.org.au
- NSW Rape Crisis Service on 1800 424 017, 24 hours a day
- Royal Prince Alfred (RPA) Hospital Sexual Assault Service on 9515 9040 (Monday to Friday) or 9515 6111 (after hours). Counselling and medical services are available for anyone who has been sexually assaulted.
- Women’s Legal Service NSW on 1800 801 501 | wlsnsw.org.au
- Redfern Legal Centre NSW International Student Legal Service on 9698 7277 | rlc.org.au
- Victims Access Line on 1800 633 063 | 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line Victoria on 1800 806 292, 24 hours a day
- Women’s Legal Service VIC on 8622 0600 | womenslegal.org.au
- Melbourne Student Centre VIC International Student Legal Service on 1800 056 449 | studymelbourne.vic.gov.au
- The Royal Women’s Hospital Sexual Assault Service on 9635 3610, 24 hours a day. Counselling and medical services are available for women who has been sexually assaulted.
- Fitzroy Legal Service Specialist Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer service on 9419 3744 | fitzroy-legal.org.au
- Victims of Crime Helpline on 1800 819 817 | 8am-11pm, 7 days a week