Diploma of Marketing and Communication
National code: BSB52415
CRICOS code: 095632D
This qualification is suited for individuals who have a sound knowledge base in Marketing and Communications, and are seeking to develop the skills and knowledge to manage a team conducting marketing campaigns. This course offers a practical understanding of marketing communication planning, marketing audit, financial management and customer relationship management. Typically, they would have the responsibility of managing the work of other staff and be able to lead teams effectively. Career outcomes based on the completion of this course include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing and Communications Consultant
- Account Manager (Advertising)
- Marketing and Communications Manager
Start dates and intakes:
- 7th August, 2017
- 25th September, 2017
- 23rd October, 2017
- 8th January, 2018
- 5th February, 2018
- 5th March, 2018
- 23rd April, 2018
- 21st May, 2018
- 9th July, 2018
- 6th August, 2018
- 24th September, 2018
- 22nd October, 2018
Course duration: 52 weeks (9 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks).
Study options: Full time on campus only.
International applicants: Yes.
2017 Course fee: AUD $5,400.00 (Learn more about Fees)
Scholarships available: No.
Study requirements: 20 hours per week on campus.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires:
- Successful completion of Australian year 12 or equivalent; AND
- Successful completion of an AQF recognised Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication; OR
- Relevant work experience in a related field.
English requirement: Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 or equivalent.
- Case studies
- Scenarios – problem solving
- Practical activities
- Oral Presentation
- Multiple choice quiz
- Written Portfolio
- Practical observations
- Customer Relationship Management:
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- Workplace Relationship Management:
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- Marketing Planning:
- BSBMKG506 Plan market research
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- Financial Management:
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- Marketing Mix and Trends:
- BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix
- Project Work:
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- Marketing Communication Planning:
- BSBMKG523 Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
- Marketing Audit:
- BSBMKG515 Conduct a marketing audit
- Planning and Monitoring Direct Marketing:
- BSBMKG508 Plan direct marketing activities
- BSBMKG509 Implement and monitor direct marketing activities