Diploma of Marketing and Communication
National code: BSB52415
CRICOS code: 095632D
This qualification is suited for individuals who have a sound knowledge base in Marketing and Communications, and are seeking to develop the skills and knowledge to manage a team conducting marketing campaigns. This course offers a practical understanding of marketing communication planning, marketing audit, financial management and customer relationship management. Typically, they would have the responsibility of managing the work of other staff and be able to lead teams effectively. Career outcomes based on the completion of this course include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing and Communications Consultant
- Account Manager (Advertising)
- Marketing and Communications Manager
Start dates and intakes:
- 22nd October, 2018
- 7th January 2019
- 4th February 2019
- 4th March 2019
- 22nd April 2019
- 20th May 2019
- 8th July 2019
- 5th August 2019
- 23rd September 2019
- 21st October 2019
Course duration: 52 weeks (9 x study blocks of 4 weeks + breaks).
Study options: Full time study only.
International applicants: Yes.
2018 Course fee: AUD $5,600 (Learn more about Fees)
Scholarships available: No.
Study requirements: Full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode (face-to-face and online) Note: Excludes Self Study for assessment tasks.
Academic requirement: Entry to this course requires:
- Successful completion of Australian year 12 or equivalent; AND
- Successful completion of Kent’s AQF recognised Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication; OR
- Successful completion of the following prerequisite units:
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCRT401 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBMGT407 Apply digital solutions to work processes
- BSBMKG417 Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry
- BSBMKG418 Develop and apply knowledge of marketing communication industry
(Learn more about the ways you can meet this criteria by viewing our Academic Entry Equivalencies)
English requirement: International Applicants from non-English-speaking backgrounds only.
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band less than 5.0 or equivalent.
- Case studies
- Scenarios – problem solving
- Practical activities
- Oral Presentation
- Multiple choice quiz
- Written Portfolio
- Practical observations
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
Workplace Relationship Management:
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBMKG506 Plan market research
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
Marketing Mix and Trends:
- BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
Marketing Communication Planning:
- BSBMKG523 Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
- BSBMKG515 Conduct a marketing audit
Planning and Monitoring Direct Marketing:
- BSBMKG508 Plan direct marketing activities
- BSBMKG509 Implement and monitor direct marketing activities
Want to know more?