Explore Tatiane’s Story
1. What is your current job title and what organisation do you work for?
For the last two years I have been working as a software designer in a software warehouse called Ausland. When I first started, the company didn’t have the capacity to produce both mobile and web applications. At the moment I work as a UI and UX Designer providing design material in research and contact for the users of the programs.
Previously, I designed intuitive interfaces for our products as both web platforms and mobile hybrid platforms. The team I manage studies and researches the market to provide more ideas about how we can produce better products and interfaces that are based on usability and user experience.
2. Where are you originally from?
I´m originally from Curitiba – Brazil.
3. We know the Kent student body is culturally diverse, where in the world are you working?
I was based in Sydney and gained a lot of experience working in Australia, after that I came back to restart my career in the mobile apps market in Curitiba – Brazil.
4. What did you study at Kent?
I studied a Diploma of Web Development.
5. Do you believe your time at Kent adequately prepared you for your current work? Why/ why not?
Both staff and students at Kent were always very friendly and helpful. I believe my classes were valuable in preparing me for life after studying.
6. What advice would you give to students currently studying at Kent?
I´d say to study and work hard. Enjoy the time, feel free to ask questions to the teachers and enjoy Australia because it is the best country I´ve ever lived in.
7. What did you love most about studying in Australia?
I loved to be a part of a new culture that has a lot of foreign people from all over the world. It was great for improving my English and design skills, and I also loved being part of a culture that is accepting of all people from around the globe.