Kent Institute Australia (Kent) has been providing quality training and education to students for over 30 years and continues to grow and innovate. Today, Kent is officially recognised as a leading provider of government-accredited Vocational (VET) and Higher Education courses, offering education to both local and international students. Kent is proud to have helped over 10,000 local and international students get started in their careers.
Kent is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager for Marketing & Recruitment with proven experience recruiting both international and domestic students in both VET and Higher Education. This role will be based in either our Melbourne campus (CBD – Queen Street) or Sydney campus (CBD- Barrack Street) and report to the Director of Campus Operations.
The Senior Manager of Marketing & Recruitment will be responsible for ensuring that marketing and recruitment operations are efficient and effective and that the proper management of resources, distribution of services and quality control for all Kent Institute Australia (Kent) shareholders. The position will also contribute to Kent’s international and domestic business development and advancement.
- Identify and implement approved business and sales development opportunities to achieve expansion and business growth.
- Assist in implementing appropriate rewards/recognition and coaching/remedial practices to align Marketing & Recruitment Unit personnel.
- Maintain and monitor staffing levels in Marketing & Recruitment Unit operational areas being managed, performance expectations, and motivation to fulfil organisation requirements, including all offshore offices.
- Drive recruitment performance (KPIs) for the marketing and recruitment unit, systems enhancement.
- Develop and maintain relevant industry and professional links/networks, in particular with business partners.
- Drive the development of marketing and recruitment strategy operations to promote and engage with prospective students, agents and institutional partners aligned with key strategic activities.
- Develop and manage other projects as required, including preparation of monthly reports to governance committees and annual review and development of the operation plans.
- Ensure that Marketing and Recruitment Unit staff (including offshore offices) are familiar with and trained to a required level of performance related to their position descriptions.
- Fulfil the obligations of the position concerning organisation-wide responsibilities, including workplace, bullying and harassment, code of conduct, workplace health and safety, multi-skilling and record management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related discipline(s).
- A Master’s degree in a business-related discipline is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in a similar role and in particular closing the sales, preferably in the education sector.
- Sound knowledge and experience in international education and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in and comprehensive knowledge of international and domestic business, marketing and/or project management in an education environment in the private or public sector.
- An understanding of policy and the regulatory framework for interrelation activities within Higher Education/VET and demonstrated knowledge of international education issues and Australia’s position in the global education marketplace.
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Proven ability to plan, implement and evaluate projects and programs in a large and diverse organisation and deliver positive project outcomes.
- Proven ability to prepare senior management governance-level reports and submissions, including comprehensive market analysis reports.
- Sound leadership skills – lead by example, influence and encourage.
- Hands-on manager, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Displays initiative and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Intuitive with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to train and develop line staff.
- Initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
- Trustworthy and dependable.
Please submit your application via SEEK by clicking on the “Apply” button. Please ensure your application includes a one-page cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and a copy of your resume. For further information please contact Human Resources email at HR@kent.edu.au.
Please note – only successful applicants will be contacted.
The application form will also include these screening questions:
- Do you have the right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
PS these questions are from a list of pre-determined questions SEEK has to assist with the screening of the applicants when the position is posted.